The crank of the pedal, the spinning of the wheels, a bicycle and rider pushes forth down the street at a velocity they could not achieve without the extension of their machine.
Whether ridden by men, women, boys or girls; ridden for fun or for work, the bicycle has been an ever-present part of Medicine Hat.
Discover the bicycle as sport, exercise equipment, working vehicle, a kid’s first freedom. The story of the bicycle is more than the rubber, steel, aluminum, and titanium. It is about those who have ridden them, from the toddler’s first push of the tricycle pedal to the racer flying down the coulee.
1. June 15 – July 6 Police Point West: from Parkview Close to edge of Police Point Park
2. July 6 – July 18 Southridge PUL: from 13th Ave to South Ridge Drive
3. July 20 – Aug 3 Echo Dale trail: from Gas City Campground to approx. 3 km out towards Echo Dale
4. Aug 4 – Aug 17 McCutcheon towards FLC: along McCutcheon Dr, FLC Trail and Division Ave
5. Aug 17 – Aug 31 Ross Glen: from Taylor Mews to Robinson Drive exit
6. Aug 31 – Sept 14 South Boundary Trail: along South Boundary Road